Friday, April 02, 2010

Raspberry Buttermilk pancakes

The basic recipe is one I found on the internet that calls itself Ihop Buttermilk Pancakes. I'm not sure what makes it Ihop because I've been to ihop both in Canada and the US and their pancakes weren't nearly as good as the ones I made today. Maybe it's the raspberries

1 1/4 c. flour
1 egg
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. canola oil
1 pinch salt

frozen berries

Mix together in the order given. It's ok if the batter is a little lumpy but it's not ok to overmix it. Just stir it until it's all together-looking. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium and drop batter onto the hot pan. Place some frozen raspberries on top of the pancakes. No need to thaw them first. When they look dry around the edges, flip them over and finish cooking.

I ran out of raspberries so my last 3 pancakes had blueberries on them. I bet chocolate chips would be really good too.

Serve with bacon and a little too much maple syrup.

No comments: