Sunday, October 03, 2010

Lentil Soup

Motivated to clear my cupboard of extra dry goods I searched for a lentil soup recipe. Of course I didn't find one I liked, so I found one that came close and played with it. Here's what I came up with;

1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 onion, diced fine
1 large carrot, diced fine
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
some fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 coffee cup of red lentils
about 2 litres of homemade chicken broth (make your own, please-don't use canned or powdered)
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 Tbsp parsley
1 packed frozen chopped spinach, thawed

Cook the onion, carrots, garlic and ginger until soft. Throw in the curry. Rinse the lentils, then add them. Add the broth, tomatoes and parsely. Simmer until the lentils are soft. Add the spinach and bring back up to heat.

No comments: