Monday, December 13, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

I used to make this recipe for 100 cookies when I volunteered as a cook for homeless people. It's easy, spicy, healthy and delicious.



24 cookies

1/2 c. margarine
1 c. sugar
2 egg

3 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. salt

1 c. pumpkin puree
2/3 c. raisins
1 c. chopped walnuts

Cream margarine and sugar. Add egg and beat until well blended.
Sift flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add raisins and nuts.
Add dry ingredients to first mixture alternately with pumpkin. Mix thoroughly. Drop by teaspoons on a well-greased baking sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes @ 350 F or until done.



1 comment:

Lori said...

I didn't add raisins or nuts today, instead I added a handful of frozen cranberries. I also replaced 1 cup of flour with whole wheat flour and used brown sugar instead of white sugar.