Sunday, March 04, 2012

Banana Bread

I have an old recipe for banana bread  that I got from a bag of overripe bananas that I bought at a discount.  It's not a bad recipe, but it's not really great either, so when someone makes banana bread I ask for the recipe.  This recipe is from Mae, my coworker.

3/4 Cups Butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 Eggs
3 Cups Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/8 Cups Buttermilk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Mashed Bananas
1 Cup Pecans (or half a cup of nuts and half a cup of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour your pans.
Cream Butter, add sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add alternately with buttermilk. Fold in bananas and nuts.
Bake for about 45 minutes.
This recipe gave me 2 loaves and 10 muffins.
Thanks for the recipe, Mae!  Delicious!

No comments: