Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sweet Potato Biscuits and an announcement

Anything I can make before I have coffee is easy.  A no-brainer.  These  will start a new cliche; easy as sweet potato biscuits.  I got the recipe here.

1 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes (I did not measure-I had half a sweet potato left over and I mashed it for this recipe)
1/4 cup milk (again, I did not measure, I added a splash to get the dough to the right consistency)

Stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the butter until pieces of shortening are pea-sized or smaller. Mix in the sweet potatoes, and enough of the milk to make a soft dough.   The dough will be a little sticky.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and pat to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into circles using a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass. Place biscuits 1 inch apart onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 400F until golden brown. 

And now the announcement;
I bought my own domain name aka website 
And ya, I'm kinda excited! 
I also have a new twitter account dedicated to food only. 

@BlondieCooks

So, start following me on Twitter now and watch for a new website and format for What's Lori Cooking Now, coming soon.

 

No comments: